- A brief history of Llandudno
- 1815 - Ebeneser chapel for Calvinistic Methodists constructed
- 1824 - Charles Darwin was in Llandudno circa 1824,
- 1827 - Tabernacl chapel for Baptists constructed
- 1837 - Semaphore station on the Orme was constructed
- 1838 - Salem chapel for Wesleyans constructed
- 1840 - First Post Office in Llandudno opened
- 1841 - St. George's chapel constructed
- 1843 - Approx 196 dwellings
- 1843 - 1,000 inhabitants
- 1849 - Enclosure Act (832 acres of 955 acres of land available was distributed to Hon. Lloyd Mostyn as a result)
- 1854 - Approx 200 dwellings
- 1854 - Llandudno Improvement Act passed by Parliament
- 1856 - Fire Brigade established
- 1858 - Work on a sewage system commences
- 1859 - First pier constructed
- 1859 - The Royal Charter Storm changed the course of Llandudno from becoming main port to Ireland.
- 1860 - Gas Street lamps installed
- 1861 - First bank in Llandudno opened
- 1862 - Approx 438 residences
- 1875 - Construction of the Marine Drive started.
- 1875 - Mersey Docks & Harbour Board constructed the Great Orme l lighthouse
- 1875 - New pier constructed
- 1876 - Pier constructed (first phase).
- 1878 - Marine Drive opened.
- 1880 - Water from Dulyn arrives.
- 1882 - Authorisation to build a hospital given.
- 1884/6 - Pier extended to the present Promenade.
- 1885 - Llandudno Advertiser Newspaper launched by William, "Zulu" Smith.
- 1887 - Happy Valley presented to the town.
- 1890 - Visit of the Queen of Roumania "Carmen Sylva".
- 1891 - First reported football match played - Llandudno lost 2-1 to Conway
- 1892 - New railway station opened.
- 1892 - Town's first telephone exchange opened.
- 1893 - Llandudno's first public toilet built opposite the Pier Pavilion top entrance. 1894 - Arcadia Theatre opened as the Victoria Palace.
- 1895 - Llandudno Commissioners hand over to new Urban Council.
- 1901 - 6,065 inhabitants 1901 - 9,279 inhabitants
- 1902 - Grand Theatre opened
- 1902/3 Opening of the Great Orme Tramway.
- 1907 - Cable tramway to the summit of the Great Orme was completed
- 1909 - Summit Hotel built with adjoining 18 hole golf course
- 1936 - Llandudno & Colwyn Bay Electric Railway opened (tram)
- 1948 - Marks & Spencer opened
- 1956 - Sir Winston Churchill visits Llandudno
- 1963 - Llandudno & Colwyn Bay Electric Railway closed (tram)
- 1969 - The Queen & Prince Phillip visit Llandudno
- 1972 - Cabin lift to the summit of the Great Orme was completed
- 1978 - Swimming pool constructed
- 1986 - Great Orme County Park formed, covering over 1,000 acres
- 1989 - 300 metre dry ski slope & 700 metre toboggan created
- 1992 - Great Orme Mines opened the bronze age mine to the public
- 1993 - Victoria centre opened
- 1994 - North Wales Theatre opened
- 1999 - 150 years of Llandudno celebrations
- 2006 - New Retail Park (Parc Llandudno) opened in October
The Ambassador HotelThe Grand Promenade,
Tel: 01492 876 886
Fax: 01492 876347